Table of Contents:
- 1 Features:
- 2 Water Strainer Mod Download Links:
Looking for a way to get more resources out of water? Look no further than Water Strainer Mod! This mod adds the ability to filter water for common resources like sand, gravel, and sticks. You can even use it on skyblock maps to get an edge over your competition! The Water Strainer Mod is easy to install and configure, so you can start getting the most out of your water sources right away.
You grab your tools and start building. The strainer is easy to make, and soon you have one up and running. It catches all sorts of items, from sand to sticks. The best part is that it doesn’t take up much space, so you can put it pretty much anywhere.
These fishing nets are made up of the elements, the filter and the net. The net is responsible for capturing objects and fish, which will be stored in the filter. Once manufactured and placed, these nets will work alone, so the players will only have to go from time to time to open the filter, and we will extract all the fish and resources that the current has drawn.
How to install:
There are currently two different types of strainer:
- Survivalist’s Strainer: Collects general items such as Sand, Gravel, Sticks, Clay, Stone, Planks (..)
- Fisherman’s Strainer: Collects all kinds of fish, junk and treasures
The Survivalist’s Strainer has 2 different sub versions – a wide and a tight one.
The wide version catches only big-sized items while the tight version catches only small-sized items.
Use the normal one if you want a high varity of items or one of the sub versions to collect specific items.
Idle Time & Durability:
The Strainer Base will attempt to catch an item every 25-35 seconds (by default).
Depending on the efficiency (section below) the idle time will increase or decrease.
Catching an item will damage the Strainer and use up 1 durability.
- Normal: 120 [1 Hour]
- Solid: 720 [6 Hours]
- Reinforced: 5760 [48 Hours = 2 Days]
A higher tier Strainer does not have a higher chance to catch something, it will just last longer.
Your strainer’s efficiency is based on its placement and increases/decreases the idle time (if enabled).
You can craft an Efficiency Meter to measure the exact percentage. The strainer is currently influenced by:
Still water / flowing water:
Still water (a water source block) will give you no bonus.
Flowing water, on the other hand, is more efficient and will increase efficiency by 10%.
A lower water level means less efficiency.
If your Strainer Base is more than 1 block away from a water source block, the efficiency will drop by 3% for each block. Which means if your Strainer is at the very end of a water stream (8th block) it will lose 6*3% = 18% efficiency.
So make sure your strainer is as close to the water source as possible, but not directly on the source to benefit from the flowing water bonus.
Adjacent Strainer Bases:
Every adjacent Strainer Base will lower the efficiency by 15%.
So if you plan to make a “farm” make sure to leave 1 block free between each Strainer Base.
If you build your Strainer Base in a specific biome the efficiency may differ.
The Strainer Base itself needs to be in that biome, not the water. Biomes that matter are:
- +10% Bonus – (Deep) Ocean
- +15% Bonus – Beach
- +20% Bonus – River
Configurating the LootTable:
The loottable config is located at config/waterstrainer/waterstrainer_loottable.cfg
Syntax: strainer_name | CATEGORY | modid:item_name | metadata | quantity | rarity
- You can add multiple metadata by separating them with comma (Example: 0,1,2,3)
- Higher rarity = Increased dropchance
- All items in a category share the same dropchance
- If you need help finding the modid and itemname use advanced tooltips (Press F3+H in game)
- Use the category and item name BLANK to decrease the chance of every other item in the loottable
- 1x Ender Pearl from Minecraft with a rarity of 10: strainer_survivalist | PEARL | minecraft:ender_pearl | 0 | 1 | 10
- 5x Cheese from Pam’s Harvestcraft with a rarity of 5: strainer_survivalist | FOOD | harvestcraft:cheeseItem | 0 | 5 | 5
- 1x Manyullyn Ingot from Tinker’s Construct [Meta 2 = Manyullyn Ingot] with a rarity of 1: strainer_survivalist | INGOT | tconstruct:ingots | 2 | 1 | 1
- 2x one of all 16 possible wool colors from Minecraft with a rarity of 5: strainer_survivalist | WOOL | minecraft:wool | 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 | 2 | 5
Automating & Compatibility:
The Strainer Base can be automated easily. Attach any kind of hopper or item pipe to the side of the Strainer Base to insert Strainer and bait. Use the bottom of the Strainer Base to extract obtained items.
You can add any kind of items and blocks from other mods to the loottable – for example iron-or aluminum nuggets.
Water Strainer Mod Screenshots:
Water Strainer Mod Download Links:
Minecraft Game version 1.10.2/1.9.4
Minecraft Game version 1.11.2
Minecraft Game version 1.12.2, 1.12.1, 1.12
Minecraft Game version 1.13.2
Minecraft Game version 1.14.2
Minecraft Game version 1.14.3
Minecraft Game version 1.14.4
Minecraft Game version 1.15.1
Minecraft Game version 1.15.2
Minecraft Game version 1.16.4
Minecraft Game version 1.16.5
Minecraft Game version 1.17.1
Minecraft Game version 1.18
Minecraft Game version 1.18.1
Minecraft Game version 1.18.2
Minecraft Game version 1.19
Forge version: Download from Server
Minecraft Game version 1.19.2
Forge version: Download from Server 1
Q: Can I use this mod in my modpack?
A: Sure, just make a link back to this post and give me credit.
Q: I found a bug!
A: If you found it, please report it in the comment section or send me a PM and I’ll try to fix it ASAP.
Q: The mod only works in creative mode!
A: It’s a bug with forge, the mod will work fine in survival and hardcore.
Q: Can I use this mod in my public/private server?
A: The mod is public domain, so yes you can. Just make sure to give me credit for it.