Table of Contents:
Better Portals Mod 1.12.2 is a mod that comes with a lot of new features. If before we could customize the dimensions of our portals and the color of the interior of the portal, we can now use new blocks for the structure of our dimensional portals.
It replaces vanilla portals with better ones. These better portals allow one to see the other side and pass through them without any pesky loading screens.
Flat and arbitrarily shaped portals are supported as well:
And so are end portals:
- – Vanilla Nether and End portal.
- – Twilight Forest portal.
- – The Aether portal.
- – Mekanism Teleporter.
- – Travel Huts.
- – AbyssalCraft portals.
Caveats when using Optifine:
- Fast Render must be disabled.
- It’s either Shaders or see-through portals (It may be possible to fix this for shader packs that use the same shaders for both dimensions. For all other shader packs, substantial changes to OF would be required which won’t be happening in the near future.) Note that portals may not render correctly if shaders have just been turned off, if that’s the case, re-join the world.
- The Render Region feature must not be toggled while near a portal (to be safe, change it from the main menu, otherwise the game might crash). Toggling off the Render Region feature in-game should now be supported.
How to install Better Portals Mod With Forge
- Make sure you have installed Minecraft Forge
- Download Better Portals Mod for your version of the game.
- Locate the Minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the Start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On macOS open finder, hold down ALT, and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- Put it in the ‘mods’ folder, which is located in the game folder.
Minecraft Forge (Modding API) Installation Guide
5 steps to successfully install Forge Minecraft
1. Access and Download select Minecraft forge version, then download the installer.
2. Requires installing Java on a computer. Open the .jar file you just downloaded, make sure ‘Install Client’ is selected, and click the OK button.
3. Run Minecraft and select the Forge profile, then click Play.
4. Select the Minecraft Forge menu on the left and the Mods button below Multiplayer.
5. Successfully, you can enjoy the mod just installed.
Download Better Portals Mod:
For 1.15.2 (Updating…)