Table of Contents:
Minecraft is a game that is loved by many. AbyssalCraft Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 adds many new items, mobs and tools to Minecraft from AbyssalCraft Mod 1.12.2/1.7 10 for Minecraft . This mod also adds a new dimension called Abyssal Wasteland which has similarities of being a darker version of the overworld populated by undead creatures who also appear in the overworld at certain biomes such as deserts, swamps and ice plains or taigas .
What the mod adds is new content to the game that changes the way you view the overworld, as it adds a new biome and new monsters that populate the overworld. Along with that comes a new dimension, populated by creatures (with special abilities)
The idea of the mod is to expand the limits of the game.
Update: bug fixes and block additions for the new dimension.
How to install:
The newest Minecraft Mods are available right now.
- 6 new types of stone (where all but one can be turned into bricks)
- 5 new types of tools (one simply consisting of a stronger type of stone)
- 8 new types of armor (where half of them are upgraded/altered versions of the 4 base ones)
- 6 new Overworld biomes (among them a swamp, not to mention massive mountains)
- 42 new mobs (among them 4 bosses)
- A smaller breed of Shoggoths (you know, those amorphous shape-shifting abominations mentioned in the Cthulhu mythos)
- Evil animals (ever seen someone being killed by a pig? this mod has that, along with chickens and cows)
- Mobs and animals composed of antimatter (usually a good idea to keep them from colliding with their regular counterparts, because physics)
- 4 new dimensions (each more evil than the previous)
- 15 new ores, among them 3 that generate in the Overworld
- 2 new explosives (one is used a core component for the other)
- Statues representing Great Old Ones
- 17 new food items (among them flesh you probably shouldn’t eat, food on plates and MREs)
- 4 new Machines (allowing you to manipulate materials on a atomic level, or simply engrave coins)
- 2 new trees (one found in the Overworld, other found in the second dimension)
- 3 new potion effects (each in some way capable of converting an entity into another, whether it’s a plague or simply antimatter)
- 4 new enchantments (allowing you to spread plagues, or simply deal more damage to living shadows, among things)
- A new magic system (using ancient grimoires and rituals)
- A new form of energy (used in conduction with the aforementioned magic system)
- And lastly a book that keeps track on information regarding most of these things (things not directly mentioned are likely not that tied to progression, but a section for misc information is being put together for that)
- There also an API that you can interact with the mod through.
AbyssalCraft is a mod centered around exploration, but with a growing magic influence. Another thing that has been getting more focus is influences from the works of H.P Lovecraft, adding even more evil to that which is already in the mod.
Enough about that, let’s dig into the mod! The first thing you need in order to get started is a Necronomicon, crafted like in the picture below:
Most (if not all) information about things from the mod can be found in the Necronomicon. Apart from being a guide book to the mod, the Necronomicon is also serves as a catalyst for performing rituals.
Going in a bit more on the mod, AbyssalCraft features a collection of dimensions known as The Abyss (the world of the dead, split into several layers, where each layer is a dimension). The dimensions (4 in total, whereas the fourth is a bit of an extension to the third) are:
- The Abyssal Wasteland (quite green, inhabited by various undead beings, among them the vanilla zombies and skeletons, then new mobs added in the mod).
- The Dreadlands (red, a place crawling with nameless mutated beings that may or may not have been a normal creature sometime in the past).
- Omothol (the realm of J’zahar, a dimension consisting of floating islands with a city built upon them, this is where you encounter the final boss).
- The Dark Realm (dark place beneath Omothol, populated by living shadows).
In order to reach the various dimensions, one must obtain Gateway Keys (items capable of placing down portals when used).
Apart from traveling between dimensions, there’s also a pitch of magic, in the form of rituals consisting of an altar and pedestals which you place offerings on. There’s several different types of rituals, among them rituals where you create items, rituals where you infuse items (turn one item into a different, or simply “upgrade” the item). There’s also rituals where you can summon things (the first boss is summoned through such a ritual), and rituals where you can inflict potion effects on nearby entities. If you want to create your own type of ritual, there’s an API for that, and if you simply want to add your own creation/infusion ritual, that can either be done through the API, or with MineTweaker (the add-on modAbyssalCraft Integration has MineTweaker compatibility).
In addition to the rituals, there’s also a new form of energy used in order to perform the rituals. This energy is called Potential Energy, and can be obtained through a few methods (this is being expanded).
Along with all of this is also a lot of new blocks (among them 5 new types of stone, 15 new ores, 2 new types of trees), new items (among them 4 new materials to make tools and armor from, 8 new armor sets, a bunch of new food items).
Enough about quantities of things, the Overworld has also received new content, including 6 new biomes:
- The Darklands (more “evil” version of a forest/plains blend, purple/indigo grass, contains Darkstone and a new type of tree, Abyssalnite can be found here)
- Darklands Plains (plains version of the Darklands biome, has close to no trees)
- Darklands Forest (forest version of the Darklands biome, has a lot more trees)
- Darklands Highland (extreme hills version of the Darklands biome, more elevated terrain, not that many trees)
- Darklands Mountains (mountains composed of Darkstone)
- Coralium Infested Swamp (a teal/turquoise swamp, has Liquid Antimatter underground, along with the large quantity of Coralium, which is more common here than in ordinary swamps or other water-based biomes)
Since I haven’t mentioned the mobs, let me go over a few of them. There’s the Depths Ghoul and Abyssal Zombie(both undead, found in Darklands biomes, swamps, or very commonly in the Abyssal Wasteland), evil counterparts of vanilla animals (Pigs, Cows, Chickens), Living Shadows (Shadow Creature/Monster/Beast, each one stronger than the former), and Lesser Shoggoths (if you’re familiar with the works of H.P Lovecraft, these are smaller versions of those amorphous horrors). That’s all the mobs found in the Overworld, whereas some can be found in the dimensions.
AbyssalCraft Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2 Download Links:
Minecraft Game version 1.6.4
Minecraft Game version 1.7.2
Minecraft Game version 1.7.10
Minecraft Game version 1.8.9
Minecraft Game version 1.9.0
Minecraft Game version 1.9.4
Minecraft Game version 1.10.2
Minecraft Game version 1.11
Minecraft Game version 1.11.2
Minecraft Game version 1.12.1/1.12
Minecraft Game version 1.12.2
How To Download and Install Minecraft Forge (Modding API)?
Minecraft Forge is a free, open-source server that allows players to install and run Minecraft mods. 4 steps to install forge for windows, mac, Linux
1. Download Minecraft Forge at the website, select the version of Minecraft you want to run, then download the installer using your browser.
2. Open the .jar file you just downloaded (Run installer as Administrator), make sure Java is installed on your operating system
3. Select Install Client or Install Server if you want to install for your server, and click OK. Wait about 2 minutes, and you will see a success message.
4. Launch Minecraft and select the Forge profile, then click Play.
5. You will see Minecraft Forge in the lower-left corner and the Mods button under Multiplayer.
Congratulations on successfully installing Minecraft Forge and experimenting with 1.12.2/1.11.2 for Minecraft downloaded.
If there are errors, please comment on this article.