Table of Contents:
The Magic Yarn Mod 1.8-1.7.10: Never Get Lost Again in Minecraft with This Useful Tool
Do you like to explore but hate getting lost? Have no fear, the Magic Yarn Mod is here! This mod adds a new item called Magic Yarn. When used, it will create a waypoint that will point you back in the direction of your last set waypoint. This is perfect for when you’re out gathering supplies and want to make sure you don’t lose your way home. The Magic Yarn Mod is perfect for anyone who loves to explore but doesn’t want to risk getting lost in the process.
Thankfully, with the Magic Yarn Mod 1.8-1.7.10 installed, that never has to be a problem again! This mod adds an extremely useful tool called Magic Yarn. With it, you can set waypoints for yourself and then easily find your way back by calling up the waypoint list. No more getting lost in the Nether or any other dangerous place – with Magic Yarn Mod, you’ll always be able to find your way home!
The Magic Yarn mod is a tool that will keep you on track when exploring the unknown. Without it, trekking through nether worlds could be dangerous and frustrating! You might even get lost without anyobsidian to guide your way back home again because of all those huge glowstone or quartz veins we find in caves here sometimes…
How to install The Magic Yarn Mod?
First you need download and install the Minecraft Forge. Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below. Next, go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you can create one. Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder. Done and Enjoy.
Note: In Multiplayer, you can’t craft this Item. You use a button instead, by default “J”. Button can be customized in auto-created file under mods/MagicYarn.txt
The Item serves as pathfinding Tool and to keep track of your movements. In other words, you should never again get lost exploring the Nether or some complex cave system, and without leaving a ridiculous amount of Torches to mark your trail.
- Rightclick: Specifies your current location as point of origin.
- Rightclick: Sets your current location as waypoint. Computes the shortest (Manhattan) walkable path to the origin and displays it.
- Rightclick: Makes the path disappear. If you stand in a path while right clicking, any path after the point you stand in will be cut off and deleted (for circling around).
- You can only see the Path at all times while holding the Magic Yarn.
- Rightclick, short: Sets your current location as waypoint. Computes the shortest (Manhattan) walkable path to the LAST WAYPOINT and displays it.
- Rightclick, >0.5s: Sets your current location as waypoint. Computes the shortest (Manhattan) walkable path to the ORIGIN and displays it. If that fails, it falls back to the LAST WAYPOINT.
- Rightclick, >2.5s: Resets the Magic Yarn to the [Nothing set] status.
Technical Information for the interested:
- Features implementation of A* pathing Algorithm.
- A* is heuristic (that means its very efficient in open spaces) and my implementation has a binary heap sorting method aswell, which apparently is the best method for this task.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I use this mod?
You can find out how to use the Magic Yarn Mod by reading the instructions above.
Is this mod compatible with other mods?
This mod is compatible with most other mods, but you’ll need to install it after the others so that it works.
Author: AtomicStryker ❘ 80,249 views